Sunday, February 27, 2011

Marilyn Manson Drummer Quits Band


Marilyn Manson drummer Ginger Fish has announced his departure from the band. Fish' whose real name is Kenneth Robert Wilson, has been with the band for over 15 years, and has played on six of Manson's seven albums.

Fish released a statement about his departure. “I have decided to step down as a member of Marilyn Manson and see where my life, and the knowledge of my availability cares to take me," he wrote.  "I can't stand by to watch opportunities pass me by simply because the knowledge of my availability wasn't clearly expressed by me. I wish my brothers well, and I expect nothing but great things from them."

The drummer took his name from actress Ginger Rodgers and serial killer Albert Fish. His departure from the band leaves only Manson and bassist Twiggy Ramirez as part of the quintet that collaborated on the concept trilogy of 1996's Anti-Christ Superstar, 1998's Mechanical Animals and 2000's Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley of Death). Marilyn Manson is currently working on a follow-up to 2009's The High End Of Low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails