Monday, April 4, 2011

New Video: Mary J. Blige "Someone To Love Me (Naked)"


Mary J's new single didn't knock me over at first, but after a few listens it's started to grow on me, despite the fact that it features Diddy (yes I know he helped create certified R&B classics What's The 411? and My Life, but ever since he's been the oil to Mary's water when it comes to collaboration. Love and Life anyone?).

Lil' Wayne also dropped a guest verse on the track, which has bouncy, bass-driven beat but still manages to have a haunting edge to it. It's reminiscent of My Life/Share My World-era sound. According to Vibe, Mary's working with Ne-Yo, Raphael Saadiq and J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League. With Beyonce working with noise pop masters Sleigh Bells on her new album, it looks like 2011 could be the year of the R&B diva. Watch the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails